Provide direction/guidance to runners/walkers along the 5k route to ensure overall safety and adherence to course.
Several volunteer positions are available throughout the course and will be assigned following a brief orientation immediately preceding the start of the Run/Walk (approximately 8.30am).
Volunteers may wish to bring the following:
- clothing suitable to the weather (the event is held rain or shine)
- comfortable shoes (some standing may be required)
- a folding chair (if sitting is needed)
- cell phone (encouraged, but not required)
- water bottle (to stay hydrated)
- sunscreen (or rain gear), weather dependent
Raffle Set-Up & Sales
Provide general assistance to event staff to set-up raffle items (approximately a dozen items), as well as oversee sale of raffle tickets to event attendees & participants. Must be comfortable with cash handling.
Assist event staff with general breakdown of event (pack up and loading of event materials & supplies). Some heavy lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required.